Uganda safaris to Queen Elizabeth National Park
Queen Elizabeth National Park is one of the most popular destinations for safaris in Uganda. The park is located in southwestern Uganda and covers an area of about 1,978 square kilometres. Here are some things to know about Uganda safaris to Queen Elizabeth National Park:
- Wildlife: The park is home to over 95 mammal species, including elephants, lions, leopards, hyenas, buffaloes, and hippos. There are also over 600 bird species, making it a great destination for bird watching.
- Activities: Game drives are the most popular activity in the park. There are also boat Uganda safaris along the Kazinga Channel, which connects Lakes Edward and George. You can also go chimpanzee trekking in the Kyambura Gorge.
- Accommodation: There are several lodges and campsites in and around the park. These range from budget to luxury options, so there is something for every traveller.
- Climate: The Park has a tropical climate with two rainy seasons from March to May and September to November. The dry season is from December to February and June to August.
- Accessibility: The Park is about 400 kilometres from Kampala, the capital city of Uganda. You can either drive or fly to the park. The nearest airport is in Kasese, which is about an hour’s drive from the park.
Overall, Queen Elizabeth National Park is a great destination for safari enthusiasts. With its diverse wildlife, beautiful scenery, and range of activities, it offers a truly unforgettable experience.
Have a Look AT: